Providing Guidance After The Loss Of A Loved One
When a loved one passes away, the settling of his or her estate can bring unwanted stress and family conflict. If you have been entrusted with the responsibility of handling an estate, having highly experienced legal representation can make your job much easier.
Put Our Wisdom To Work For You
At Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, our estate administration lawyers have worked with Tennessee families in administering and probating estates for four decades. This extensive experience has given us a wealth of knowledge and practical wisdom to benefit your family. Our method is to work closely with our clients to resolve every aspect of every estate as smoothly and cost-effectively as possible. Our comprehensive estate administration and probate practice include:
- Consultation and advice regarding estate documents, which can be complicated
- Identification of assets and debts and distribution of property
- Claims and loan issues, with which we have extensive experience from both an estate’s perspective and a creditor’s perspective
- Opposing the claims of creditors, we have been successful in having countless claims against clients’ estates denied by the probate court thus saving our clients thousands of dollars
- Conservatorship matters, which presents challenges for families facing the loss of competency of a loved one. Our firm has represented clients dealing with a variety of mental health issues, as well as advanced dementia and many other disabilities. We have expertise in forming flexible conservatorship and property management plans using a variety of resources such as court-created trusts.
- Real estate holdings and investments, areas in which we have extensive experience
- Negotiation and resolution of family disputes, which our attorneys have successfully handled in hundreds of cases
- Probate contests and probate litigation
- Executor of estate representation through various financial disputes or heirship challenges
- Serving as administrator of estate, our attorneys have personally served as the administrator of estates when there is no suitable family member able or willing to serve.
As a family business founded by attorney Matt B. Murfree III, who began practicing in the area of estate planning in Murfreesboro in 1969, and managed by Matthias Brickell Murfree IV, the firm provides stability and continuity in estate planning and estate administration over multiple generations. We are known for outstanding client service and complete guidance in estate matters of every kind.
Our lawyers will handle the heavy lifting for you and your family, managing the most challenging areas of the administration of your loved one’s estate. Allow our family to work with your family in accomplishing your goals.
Contact A Nashville-Area Probate Attorney
Contact the Murfreesboro estate administration attorneys of Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, for help with your estate matter.