Location: Murfreesboro, TN
M. B. Murfree, IV (Bricke) born Murfreesboro, Tennessee, August 19, 1977; admitted to bar, 2003, Tennessee.
Member of the Board of Directors of: Former board member of The Rutherford, County Tennessee YMCA; Received 2007 YMCA Volunteer of the Year award; Webb School Bell Buckle Board of Trustees from 2008 to 2015 and 2017 to the present; Member of the Board of Trustees of the Oaklands Historic House (former); Board of Directors of the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce(former)
Bricke received the Rutherford County Family YMCA volunteer of the year award in 2007.
Bricke served on the Webb School Bell Buckle Board of Trustees from 2008 - 2015 and again from 2017 until the present. Bricke serves on the boards of The Webb School audit and finance committee and the building and grounds committee. As the former chair of said building and grounds committee Bricke lead Webb through its most aggressive building campaign in the school’s history. During his tenure, Webb constructed a new math and science building, new student center. and a new dormitory.
Bricke as legal counsel for the Rutherford County Public Building Authority and Bricke represented the PBA in its efforts to construct the new state of the art Rutherford County Judicial Center. Bricke was involved in all aspects of this project, including but not limited to advising the PBA in its request for proposals, the negotiations and drafting of all applicable contracts, and represented the PBA through the construction and successful close out of this project.. This project was completed successfully in the Spring of 2018 ahead of schedule and under budget. The new Judicial Center is 6 stories above ground and houses 10 courtrooms. The project also includes a 4-level parking garage just southeast of the building that will accommodate 360 vehicles. The total cost of the project is was approximately $73 million.
Professional Activities and Organizations
Bricke Murfree has served on the Rutherford County Bar and Bench Committee since 2006, which is a committee consisting of Local Judges and Lawyers who are members of the Bar. The purpose of this committee is to meet and discuss ongoing challenges and concerns affecting the legal system in Rutherford County and work on possible solutions. He has been a member of the Rutherford County Bar Association and the American Bar Association including the American Bar Associations Probate and Property Division, since he was licensed.
Bricke Murfree serves on the Probate Local Rules Committee, which meets with the Probate Court Judge for Rutherford County, to set local rules for the administration and operation of the Probate court. This committee also helps formulate the rules which apply to lawyers who practice in the Rutherford County Probate Court in the areas of Probate and Trust.
Bricke Murfree has been a member of the Murfreesboro County Estate Planning Council since 2006, which consists of members of the Rutherford County Bar, insurance agents, accountants, bank trust officers and other people who are involved in trust, estate planning and estate administration. The council focuses on improving the professional skills of those engaged in professional estate planning – Bricke currently serves as the group’s treasurer.
Bricke and his wife Sarah live in Murfreesboro with their daughter. Bricke is the fourth great grandson of Col. Hardy Murfree, Revolutionary War hero for whom Murfreesboro, Tennessee is named. Bricke is also the great-great grandson of V. E. Swab, who was partners with George Dickel in a distillery and whiskey distribution company known as Cascade Tennessee Whisky (spelled the Scottish way) which was later renamed George Dickel Whisky, in honor of Mr. Dickel after his death in 1894.
Areas of Practice
- Probate and Trust
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- Conservatorship & Guardianships
- Landlord Tenant issues and disputes
- Approved Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Tennessee, 2003
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2003
- Webb School Bell Buckle
- Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Short Sales I – What every real estate professional should know
- Short Sales II – What every real estate professional should know
- Sale of real property during estate administration
- Foreclosures I – What every real estate professional should know
- Foreclosures II- What every real estate professional should know
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts 101
- Estate taxes and the new tax relief, unemployment, reauthorization and job creation Act of 2010
- Tennessee Asset Protection: Tennessee Investments Services Trust
- Tennessee Zoning/ Grandfather Clause - how does it affect your client’s business
Honors and Awards
- Received 2007 YMCA Volunteer of the Year Award
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Received Webb School's 2016 John B. Hardin Service Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rutherford County Bar Association, Member
- Cannon County Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2010 to Present
- Rutherford County Bar and Bench Committee, 2006 to Present
- Rutherford County Estate Planning Council, Member, 2006 to Present
- Murfreesboro Estate Planning Council, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Chairman, Building Committee for Rutherford County YMCA
- Webb School Bell Buckle Board of Trustees, 2008 to Present
- Board of Trustees of the Rutherford County YMCA, 2005 to Present
- Chairman, Humanitarian Breakfast
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Oaklands Historic House (currently Vice-President)