Murfreesboro Development Zoning Land Use Lawyers
Comprehensive Representation in Development & Zoning Matters
Just as real estate values are inextricably linked to location, success in real estate development depends on a deep understanding of local processes and laws and an intimate knowledge of local business culture. To get the job done, it is critical to know what hurdles need to be jumped and to know exactly how to jump them.
At Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, we provide comprehensive representation in matters related to real estate development, zoning, and land use in Murfreesboro and surrounding communities. Equipped with decades of relevant experience in the area, our firm is highly skilled in planning for development, managing complex transactions, and otherwise navigating the challenges that stand between you and success. We work closely with our clients throughout the life cycle of their projects to ensure that their questions get answered and that they achieve their goals.
Call (615) 895-7000 today to schedule a consultation with one of our seasoned real estate lawyers.
Understanding Zoning Laws in Murfreesboro
Cities throughout Tennessee are divided into sections, or “zones,” as determined by their local governments. “Zoning laws” govern how a particular section of land may be used. There are a variety of uses that land can be set apart for, including residential homes, manufacturing, agriculture, or commercial businesses.
The purpose of zoning is to preserve the value of a property and to ensure cities remain pleasant places to live and work. Without zoning laws, anyone could buy any property they wanted to and use it for whatever they intended – which would result in a lot of unhappy residents. Zoning laws that are well-designed ensure that industries have a place where they are free to carry out their trade in a manner that will not disturb a city’s residents.
Who We Represent
Our attorneys have represented a wide variety of clients in an array of land use, zoning, and construction issues in the city of Smyrna, the city of La Vergne, the city of Murfreesboro, and Rutherford County, demonstrating an ability to manage commercial developments of all sizes and scopes.We have worked with large purchasers on restrictive covenant matters, the organization and administration of master homeowners associations with sub homeowners associations, the
handling of horizontal property regimes, and the resolution of certificate of occupancy issues. Our experience includes condominiums, townhomes, and mixed-use commercial, residential, and multifamily developments.
A Proven Record of Successful Representation
Projects that we have recently handled include:
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center, a part of the St. Thomas Ascension Health System: We represented MTMC in its efforts to build a new $280 million hospital on Medical Center Parkway in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We also represented this client on land use and zoning issues surrounding the building of this new hospital.
- Land South TN, LLC: We worked with Land South to purchase a 5,300-acre site in Columbia, Tennessee, which was formerly a Monsanto chemical plant. We helped our client in financing the transaction as well as in negotiating mineral rights and leases. We later represented Land South when it sold this property to a company organized by RL Holdings, a timber and mineral rights private equity firm headquartered in Colorado.
- Huskey Lumber & Truss: We helped Huskey with land use issues related to the building of a new truss plant, helping negotiate financing and aiding our client on complex secure transaction issues surrounding the placement of the property under the ownership of the industrial development board for tax increment financing.
- Stones River Mall: The firm represented Transwestern Commercial Real Estate in a multimillion-dollar redevelopment project. The mall was developed under the previous zoning regime, which made its redevelopment under a new zoning regime challenging. The firm represented Transwestern on issues such as sign overlays, land use, and zoning.
- The Madison: We represented our client in the development of this multimillion-dollar premium multifamily development. We worked on land use issues and represented the client before the Murfreesboro Planning Commission and the Murfreesboro City Council.
- Ed Rose & Sons: We represented our client before the Murfreesboro Planning Commission and Murfreesboro City Council related to its development of The Preserve at Kingdom Ridge, a premium multifamily development.
Contact (615) 895-7000 now for reliable legal advice about your real estate matter.
For assistance with development, zoning, and land use issues in Murfreesboro, turn to the real estate attorneys at Murfree & Goodman, PLLC. We are ready to put our wisdom to work for you
Broad Range of Clients
Our lawyers have represented a broad range of clients, including local families, Tennessee businesses, regional and national real estate developers, and large corporations with a global reach.
Focused Fields of Practice
We have extensive experience representing clients with Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate and Business Law matters. Make us your first call. If we cannot help you, we will refer you to someone who can!
Established History in Our Community
We have served clients in Tennessee and beyond for over 50 years and have deep rooted history in the community of Murfreesboro. We continue to promote and sponsor our beloved hometown continuously.
We're a family-based firm that understands the importance of tackling every case with personalized and strategic solutions.
Do you need legal guidance regarding Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate or Business Law? We have extensive experience and will approach your case with a custom tailored solution.