Finding Straightforward Answers To Complex Questions
Just as real estate values are inextricably linked to location, success in real estate development depends on a deep understanding of local processes and laws and an intimate knowledge of local business culture. To get the job done, it is critical to know what hurdles need to be jumped and to know exactly how to jump them.
Comprehensive Representation In Development And Zoning Matters
At Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, we provide comprehensive representation in matters related to real estate development, zoning and land use. Equipped with decades of relevant experience in the area, our firm is highly skilled in planning for development, managing complex transactions and otherwise navigating the challenges that stand between you and success. We work closely with our clients throughout the life cycle of their projects to ensure that their questions get answered and that they achieve their goals.
Our attorneys have represented a wide variety of clients in an array of land use, zoning and construction issues before the city of Smyrna, the city of La Vergne, the city of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County, demonstrating an ability to manage commercial developments of all sizes and scopes. Projects that we have recently handled include:
- Middle Tennessee Medical Center, a part of the St. Thomas Ascension Health System: We represented MTMC in its efforts to build a new $280 million hospital on Medical Center Parkway in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. We also represented this client on land use and zoning issues surrounding the building of this new hospital.
- Land South TN, LLC: We worked with Land South to purchase a 5,300-acre site in Columbia, Tennessee, which was formerly a Monsanto chemical plant. We helped our client in financing the transaction as well as in negotiating mineral rights and leases. We later represented Land South when it sold this property to a company organized by RL Holdings, a timber and mineral rights private equity firm headquartered in Colorado.
- Huskey Lumber & Truss: We helped Huskey with land use issues related to the building of a new truss plant, helping negotiate financing and aiding our client on complex secure transaction issues surrounding the placement of the property under the ownership of the industrial development board for tax increment financing.
- Stones River Mall: The firm represented Transwestern Commercial Real Estate in a multimillion-dollar redevelopment project. The mall was developed under the previous zoning regime, which made its redevelopment under a new zoning regime challenging. The firm represented Transwestern on issues such as sign overlays, land use and zoning.
- The Madison: We represented our client in the development of this multimillion-dollar premium multifamily development. We worked on land use issues and represented the client before the Murfreesboro Planning Commission and the Murfreesboro City Council.
- Ed Rose & Sons: We represented our client before the Murfreesboro Planning Commission and Murfreesboro City Council related to its development of The Preserve at Kingdom Ridge, a premium multifamily development.
At Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, our lawyers have worked with large purchasers on restrictive covenant matters; the organization and administration of master homeowners associations with sub homeowners associations; the handling of horizontal property regimes; and the resolution of certificate of occupancy issues. Our experience includes condominiums, town homes and mixed-use commercial, residential and multifamily developments.
Contact A Greater Nashville Land Use And Zoning Attorney
Contact the Murfreesboro real estate development attorneys of Murfree & Goodman, PLLC, for assistance with development, zoning and land use matters.